Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ritter Sport Cornflakes (Ritter Sport)

Brand: Ritter Sport
Calories: 506 (bar)
Calories per gram: 5.1
Price: $3.50
Where I found it: Pepper's Grocery (in Victoria, Canada)
Where you can find it: Apparently, everywhere








Again, this isn't my photo.  This time, instead of me eating it all, it was unceremoniously melted during the trip back to California, and it resembles a pile of crumpled muffins.  And besides, German is cool!  (I'm a Germanophile as I guess you will soon realize.)

I honestly had funny imaginings about Ritter Sport Cornflakes.  Was it a clump of Kellogg's Cornflakes sandwiched between two blocks of milky chocolate?  If you broke off a piece, would shards of corn flake fly everywhere?  

Nope, I'm going to save you some time and say that it's a Crunch bar (similar to Theo's Bread & Chocolate), except with much better milk chocolate.  Of course, due to Ritter Sport's quality and price, the chocolate had better be tastier than the average Crunch bar, or else there's going to be some rioting led by a tiny girl in San Jose.

I was unimpressed.  The milk chocolate was good, of course, but dammit, it was a bit too sweet and in essence, I was eating a fancy-ass Crunch bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment